We take pride in moving towards a Patient-Centered Medical Home; an approach to provide comprehensive and compassionate primary care to patients. This includes but is not limited to:
- Longer visits with the Doctor
- Focus on efficiency
- Facilitate Care; works with sub-specialties (e.g., cardiology) to coordinate and oversee entire plan of care.
- Electronic prescribing and medical records/access to a patient's portal. However, no medical advice can be given via e-mails.
- Chronic illness Management
- Integrates Health Services for Patients e.g., physical therapy, home health care.
- CAREFIRST patients may have the additional benefit of having a nurse follow up on them for chronic conditions or referrals.